Terms and ConditionsLast updated October 2014
In these Terms and Conditions “the seller” means Wilkins and White Ltd the seller of the goods in the brochure / website.
1. QUOTATIONS: A quotation given by the seller does not constitute an offer to supply the goods stated therein and no order placed in response to the sellers quotation will be binding unless accepted by the seller in writing. The seller reserves the right to change the design or specification of the goods without prior notice and without liability to the customer. The seller’s quotation will be valid for 30 days unless otherwise stated.
2. ACCEPTANCE: All orders accepted by the seller will be subject to these conditions of sale. If the buyer issues his own purchase order containing conditions of purchase, these Conditions Of Sale shall be deemed to be incorporated in such purchase order and shall override any conflicting provision of the purchase order.
3.PRICE: All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT and carriage, if appropriate, which shall be payable in addition to the price of the goods. Prices are not guaranteed although every effort is made to maintain them.
4. TERMS OF PAYMENT: Prices, valued added tax, and carriage charges are strictly net, and payment is either Cheque with order, credit / debit card, pro-forma invoice, or 30 day credit account, (subject to status), when the full invoice becomes due. No set-off for any reason will be allowed. If payment in not received on the due date the seller shall be entitled to interest on any outstanding balance at the rate of 2% above the minimum lending rate of Barclays Bank plc for the time being.
5. OWNERSHIP OF GOODS: Ownership of goods sold shall, notwithstanding delivery, remain with the seller until the seller has received full payment for such goods. Until such payment has been made, the seller may at any time, (and without prejudice to any of its other rights) recover or resell the goods or any part of them and may enter on the buyers premises for this purpose. The buyer may not resell the goods to which the seller retains title unless he informs his buyer of this condition of sale prior to such resale.
6. DELIVERY: The delivery time is normally 10 -12 working days which is an estimate only and shall not be considered a contractual obligation. The seller shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by the buyer due to the seller’s inability to maintain the delivery times so stated. The goods will be at the buyers risk when delivered to the buyer. The seller’s obligation to deliver goods subject to circumstances beyond the sellers control such as (but not limited to) strike, floods, fires, machine breakdown or any other force majeure. Please note all deliveries are to ground floor areas only. Assistance with off loading must be provided by the customer.
7. SPECIFICATION: Technical data, dimensions, weights, and colours etc, given in this brochure / website are a guide only and no guarantee is given or implied that goods will conform in absolute detail to the descriptions and illustrations. The seller reserves the right to amend specification and to withdraw goods from the brochure / website without prior notice.
8. ONE YEAR GUARANTEE: In addition to all benefits conferred on the buyer by statute, the seller guarantees all goods offered for a period of one year ( unless otherwise stated ) from the date of the sale, provided that:
A) It is established to the reasonable satisfaction of the seller that some part of the material used in manufacture was defective.
B) The goods have not been subject to misuse or abuse of any kind.
C) This guarantee does not extend to fair wear and tear.
9. SUITABILITY: Other than expressly stated in this brochure / website, the seller makes no representations as to the fitness or suitability of any goods for any purpose whatsoever.
A) Non delivery of any consignment within 5 days of the date of the sellers invoice must be notified to the seller in writing.
B) Inspection of goods immediately on arrival is advised. Damage or short delivery must be notified to the seller and the carrier, in writing within 3 days, the carrier’s notes should be endorsed accordingly.
C) Goods may not be returned to the seller for any reason whatsoever without the seller’s prior agreement in writing.
D) Should we agree to receive goods back that were incorrectly ordered, we reserve the right to impose a re-stocking charge which will be a percentage of the order value.